Firstly the big news here is ARCADE IS OPEN!!! Yes, I’m late on the announcement but I’ve been pretty side-tracked with starting back to school at the beginning of this year. It’s been requiring a great deal of my time and so I’ve had to step back from SL considerably, however, I couldn’t miss out on Arcade. It’s truly one of my favorite events, but omgosh I just can’t ever control my spending. Each round overwhelms me with the cuteness and creativity and I want ALL THE THINGS! So here I had to show off to you this wonderful set of book inspired pieces from Vespertine… The bookstore building is the perfect little reader’s hideaway to become immersed into your imagination. Make sure you take a peek at my credits below to see all the other great items that you can find at Arcade, with the exception of my outfit which is a new release from GizzA! This dress is sexy yet flirty and can take on a casual look or go more ‘night out on the town’ as it’s available in a non-argyle more glitzy fabric as well. The neck cowl is also optional.
Since Ms. Strawberry Singh decided to do a book meme last week coinciding with my very literary blogpost, I thought I’d go ahead and take part! So here you go…
- Are you a bookworm? – Sadly no. I actually envy those that read regularly, getting lost in a book for hours. I remember doing that as a young teen. Reading a whole book in a day, but nowadays I’m lucky if i make it to page 20 without falling asleep. I suppose it depends on the subject matter though. I just rarely have time to do it. And I’m one of those unfortunate people that can’t read on a plane or in a car due to motion sickness.
- Which do you prefer: hardcover, paperback or electronic? – I think either hardcover or paperback would be my choice. I haven’t really tried to get into electronic formats. I have an iPad but have never downloaded a book for it. I do read a lot of articles or magazines electronically just not books.
- Which book is your favorite? – Hmmm well this has changed several times over the years when I did take time to read. But I admit I have a bit of a naughty streak for literature. My current book is from “The Sleeping Beauty Trilogy” by Anne Rice and they were recommended to me by a friend who knew I had a penchant for the risque. They are very.. graphic yet intriguing to me. Prior to that collection my favorite was Nicci French’s “Killing Me Softly” which is an erotic thriller.
- Which children’s book is your favorite? – I really love kids’ books too. Dr. Seuss was always a long time favorite author, particularly “Fox in Socks”. I’ve read it so much that I’m pretty fast at all the tongue-twisters. I also love the Pigeon book series by Mo Willems because they are interactive. And I love reading aloud to little ones using silly voices and stuff. 😛
- What’s the last book you’ve read? – The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty (book 1 from above)
- Name your top five favorite writers: – Anne Rice, Shakespeare, Jane Austen, Nicholas Sparks, and Dr. Seuss
- Name a book that had a strong impact on you: – The Pearl by John Steinbeck .. I read it in the 8th grade but the story is still very much embedded in my mind. It really emphasized to me the darkness of greed and how one decision can impact your entire life.
- Favorite & least favorite book genres? – Well I guess you can tell I really enjoy the erotic novels, but ever since I was young I also loved suspense/mystery/thrillers because they keep my attention and excitement. I do also love Romance /Drama because of the feels. I don’t get into non-fiction lest I feel like I’m reading a textbook for school.
- Favorite & least favorite book-to-movie adaptions? – I don’t think I have a major opinion on this. I know a lot of people get really upset about movies butchering books, but perhaps I don’t analyze it to that extent.
- Have you ever bought a book based on the cover alone? – I’m sure I have… however I tend to prefer reading an excerpt of the text to get a feel for the writing style and the type of reading it is to see if I think I will like it. A beautiful cover will always garner attention though.
- Where do you usually buy your books? – Mostly through Amazon. I used to shop Borders or Barnes and Noble but there isn’t really one that convenient to where I live right now.
- Do you go to the library? – Yes, but usually more so for my children.
- How many books do you own? – Probably about 20-25. Not too many really. It’s definitely something I wish I did more of.
- If you were to write a book about Second Life, which topic would you focus on? The social factor. I find it very interesting what motivates people to seek out others through a virtual world platform and all the different ways you can enjoy that interaction and how fulfilling that can be for people.
I will admit this meme was a little difficult for me because I’m not as much of a bookworm as I’d like to be. Maybe that’s something I can remedy in the future… there is something very relaxing and magical about being lost in a book I think. If you’d like to take part in this meme, check out Berry’s Blog for more information! Happy Reading!
Skin – Mimi (#8) – Belleza **NEW** @Arcade
Eyes – Promise Eyes (Grey) – IKON
Hair – Leighton (browns) MESH – ISON
Lashes – Fantasia MESH Lashes – Gaeline
Makeup – Mimi Lipgloss (#15) – Belleza **NEW** @Arcade
Rigged MESH Hands – Slink
Dress – Belted Dress (Argly Plum) MESH – GizzA **NEW**
Boots – Lauren Wedge Boots (leaf) – League
Bracelets – La Cubelle Fashionista MESH – Maxi Gossamer **NEW** @Fameshed
POSES / SCENE
Rumi #6 – Kirin Poses **NEW**
Bookworm’s Nest Set (complete) – Vespertine **NEW** @Arcade
Ikat dhurrie rug (kohl) – Zaara **NEW** @Arcade
Ruffled Rug – Apple Fall **NEW** @Arcade
CopyCat Art – (NO) **NEW** @ Arcade
Dear John Set – Old Radio, John’s Cabinet (RARE) – O.M.E.N. **NEW** @Arcade
Bric-a-Brac Desk – Phone (RARE) – .aisling. **NEW** @Arcade
Potted Plant & Weeds – Zigana **NEW** @Arcade
Bike (RARE) – Lark **NEW** @Arcade
Tabby Cat – Zooby’s
Landscaping by Studio Skye & Botanical