Goodbye fall…. Winter is coming! I am always awed how timely Ms. Strawberry Singh is with her Monday Memes and I usually wish to participate if only I could fit it into my already crazy schedule… but the truth is, I can barely keep up. We’ll just say that this time I got lucky and it coincided with this planned winter pic. 😀
And thanks to The Arcade opening up on December 1st, there are PLENTY of winter themed goodies up for gacha. It’s open all month, so you have lots of time to get on over there and spend those lindens. I’ll be showing off all my favorite finds from there the rest of this month as well.
Now.. onto the questions *ahem*:
- What is the December/Winter season like where you live? – I’m on the East Coast of the US just outside of Washington DC so winter can go either way really. The past few years it’s been unusually warm and only snowed/flurried once or twice and never lasted more than a day. It can often be in the 30s/40s Farenheit temperature-wise but snow is a rare occurrence. When it flurries, the city shuts down. No.. seriously. It does. And I laugh. Cuz I’m from Michigan :D.
- When you think of winter, what’s the first thing that pops into your head? – Snow of course. And Michigan winters have lots of snow. I was born in a snowstorm so it’s in my blood I think. After snow, I think of fireplaces and hot cocoa. Those three things really go together, always.
- Have you ever played any extreme winter sports? – Again, not really extreme, but I had tried downhill skiing unsuccessfully as a kid (that means I didn’t make it down the hill standing). Cross-country was always a winner. I loved being in the cold and working up a sweat. Depending on the hill, sledding could be considered extreme… I’ll just leave it at that.
- What do you like most about this season? – What’s not to love?? Christmas and my birthday are both in winter! I do love the cool air, seeing my breath, the tingly feeling when coming in from outside and my nose is like ice, putting my cold hands around a hot cup of cocoa, and watching the snowflakes falling covering everything in a blanket of white, really it’s quite beautiful.
- Do you celebrate Christmas, Hannukkah, Kwanzaa or another holiday during this time of year? – Yes, I celebrate Christmas as a Christian holiday as well as Advent. Christmas was always a big deal, and full of lots of special family traditions, and those are things I’m not carrying down to my own kids… hoping they’ll remember it as fondly as I always did.
Thanks Berry for another fun meme.. Glad I got to be a part of it this time!
Skin – Gemma (Europa 08) – Glam Affair **NEW** @Arcade – RARE
Eyes – Spectral Eyes (Quicksilver) – IKON **NEW** @FaMESHed
Hair – Daisy (Moon stone) MESH – D!va **NEW** @Arcade
Lashes – Fantasia MESH Lashes – Gaeline
Rigged MESH Hands & Feet – Slink
Dress – Everdeen Dress (Snowflake) MESH – DRIFT **NEW** @LazySundays (exclusive)
Accessory – Foxy Neck Snuggler (Sugar) MESH – .Birdy. **NEW** @Arcade
Accessory – Grace Wand (Rose Gold / Aquamarine) MESH – BOOM **NEW** @Arcade
Accessory – Storybook Royalty Crown (Woodland) MESH – Schadenfreude **NEW** @Arcade – RARE
Jewelry – Luna Ring (05) MESH – Shakeup! **NEW** @Arcade
Shoes – Noella Heels (Ivory) MESH – Ingenue **NEW** @Arcade
POSES / PROP
Mulberry Lantern (03) – LISP (full shot)
Hana 01 – Kirin Poses (close up)
Enchanted Tunnel – Skye Studio